Texas legislative review - the big freeze actions

Larry

Legislative Review:

Do the Big Freeze Measures Measure Up?

A Zoom Public Program presented by

Lubbock Citizens’ Climate Lobby and the Texas CCL Network.  Featuring

Cyrus Reed

Conservation Director, Lone Star Sierra Club

Dr. Reed (PhD, Geography, UT / Austin) will explore what the Texas Legislature has or has not done to stabilize ERCOT, the State energy network, after the network’s failure during the February Freeze. Discussion will follow.

Our speaker has served as the Sierra Club's lobbyist on energy and air quality issues at the State Legislature.  He is a frequent participant advocating on rules and procedures at the Railroad Commission, Public Utility Commission, ERCOT, and the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality.

Thursday, October 14, 7:00-8:00 PM CDT

Cost: Free

Zoom link: Register at https://bit.ly/BigFreezeUpdate

David Geise

David Geise 
geise@...

“Adults keep saying: ‘We owe it to the young to give them hope.’ But I don’t want your hope. I want you to feel the fear I feel everyday. And then I want you to act as if your house is on fire. Because it is.” — Greta Thunberg

"Our species needs, and deserves, a citizenry with minds wide awake and a basic understanding of how the world works" — Carl Sagan

"We are like tenant farmers chopping down the fence around our house for fuel when we should be using Nature’s inexhaustible sources of energy — sun, wind and tide. ... I'd put my money on the sun and solar energy. What a source of power! I hope we don’t have to wait until oil and coal run out before we tackle that. “
— Thomas Edison

“The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little. “ — Franklin D. Roosevelt

On Oct 5, 2021, at 9:14 AM, Larry via groups.io <rlhowejr@...> wrote:

Legislative Review:

Do the Big Freeze Measures Measure Up?

A Zoom Public Program presented by

Lubbock Citizens’ Climate Lobby and the Texas CCL Network.  Featuring

Cyrus Reed

Conservation Director, Lone Star Sierra Club

Dr. Reed (PhD, Geography, UT / Austin) will explore what the Texas Legislature has or has not done to stabilize ERCOT, the State energy network, after the network’s failure during the February Freeze. Discussion will follow.

Our speaker has served as the Sierra Club's lobbyist on energy and air quality issues at the State Legislature.  He is a frequent participant advocating on rules and procedures at the Railroad Commission, Public Utility Commission, ERCOT, and the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality.

Thursday, October 14, 7:00-8:00 PM CDT

Cost: Free

Zoom link: Register at https://bit.ly/BigFreezeUpdate