Plug for solar in Dallas Morning News today

richjern@...

I got a letter to the editor published in the Dallas Morning News this morning. Every bit helps.

Solar makes a difference

Re: “Renewables aren’t dependable,” by Robert P. Smith, Nov. 1 Letters.

Smith writes that “Wind and solar are costly, undependable and add nothing to the capacity of the grid.” I have 30 solar panels on my roof and generate two-thirds of my electricity. Hot water and cooking are fueled by propane (a tiny part of my overall energy usage). This equates to half my power coming from the sun. If every Texas business and residence adopted solar, there would easily be a 50% reduction in fossil fuel usage. That ain’t “nothing.”

Richard Jernigan, McKinney

Mark Witte

Richard,

Thank you for responding to a fossil fuel troll. I think I've previously seen letters from Robert P. Smith in the paper. It never ceases to amaze me that someone who is so utterly and consistently wrong, so frequently tries to publicly prove it.  My guess is he has a financial interest in fossil fuels. But he still comes across as a complete idiot.

Mark