Odd Ball Question

Donald Hoke

[Moderator Comment: Among our many topics, NTREG members and friends discuss and promote modes of "alternative transportation", which typically are vehicles that are either all electric or a combination of gas and electric motive power.  Although the subject of this query is neither of the preceding, as steam powered, it qualifies as "alternative".]

Good Afternoon, All! 

We already have 42 solar panels on our garage roof and have not paid an electric bill for 18 months and have $1,000 in credit “in the bank.”

Since solar panels often go on roofs, I thought I’d ask if anyone has or knows a source for .050” thick lead roofing sheets.  These are often attached to a roof vent.

I need a couple of square feet for my 1910 White Steam Car. 

The check valves are misbehaving and must be set to lift about 1/32” and this is done by putting a small piece of sheet lead in the valve, clamping on the cap very tightly, then measuring the thickness of the lead.

An old car parked in front of a red building

Description automatically generated with low confidence

Any source is fine.

Thanks very much!

Don Hoke

Donald R. Hoke, Ph.D.

The Virtual Steam Car Museum, Inc.

4431 Allencrest Lane

Dallas, TX  75244-7506

(972) 661-9672 (972) 955-7614

Jim Duncan

Should be available online. I buy solid brass flat stock and other obscure goodies. Mr. Google has it all....

Jim

Jim Duncan
Solar Acres Farm
solarguy2004@...
On 5/16/2022 3:22 PM, Donald Hoke wrote:

[Moderator Comment: Among our many topics, NTREG members and friends discuss and promote modes of "alternative transportation", which typically are vehicles that are either all electric or a combination of gas and electric motive power.  Although the subject of this query is neither of the preceding, as steam powered, it qualifies as "alternative".]

Good Afternoon, All! 

We already have 42 solar panels on our garage roof and have not paid an electric bill for 18 months and have $1,000 in credit “in the bank.”

Since solar panels often go on roofs, I thought I’d ask if anyone has or knows a source for .050” thick lead roofing sheets.  These are often attached to a roof vent.

I need a couple of square feet for my 1910 White Steam Car. 

The check valves are misbehaving and must be set to lift about 1/32” and this is done by putting a small piece of sheet lead in the valve, clamping on the cap very tightly, then measuring the thickness of the lead.

An old
              car parked in front of a red building
              Description automatically generated with low confidence

Any source is fine.

Thanks very much!

Don Hoke

Donald R. Hoke, Ph.D.

The Virtual Steam Car Museum, Inc.

4431 Allencrest Lane

Dallas, TX  75244-7506

(972) 661-9672 (972) 955-7614