Ground Source Heat Pump installer

thewineprince

We have a 15 year old HVAC sustem that will probably need to be replaced in the near future.  I’d like to go to a Ground Source Heat Pump. Are there people who install GSHPs in DFW?

Warm Regards,
Michael schwartz

Sent from ProtonMail for iOS

Mellen West

Michael,  NTREG member Bill Neukranz installed geothermal system at his Plano home in 2007 and was featured on the 2015 DFW Solar Tour.  Bill was very happy with his system but acknowledge there was a lot of drilling involved and associated permit soft costs.  Unfortunately, Bill passed away a few years ago so you can’t contact him.  I attached Bill’s host information as it appeared on the tour website and photo of his front yard after drilling completed.

I am NOT an expert but It is my opinion that these days there may be better residential options than geothermal.  Heat pump technology has really advanced.  I am looking at mini-split systems for our 400 sf guest house since the current system is also nearing end of life cycle.

Paul Westbrook would stress efficiency.  Paul’s home is a model of efficiency.  He also wrote a book titled Joy of Efficiency that is well worth reading and available on Amazon.  Our home pales in comparison.

Others will have more suggestions but that’s my two cents.

Mellen