25 Years of Passive/Active Solar

Paul Westbrook

We completed year 25 in our passive/active solar home. For 2021 we had $0 energy bills (only the base fee). The house is performing better than the rigorous Passive House standards (our use: 6.6 kBtu/sf/yr of need, and we supply 5.6 of that with solar power). I compiled this annual report: https://enerjazz.com/.../Westbrook_House_Utility_Use.pdf. Details are on our web page (https://enerjazz.com/house).

Paul

Dharma Dharmarajan

Way to go Paul. Congratulations. Dharma.

On Sun, Jan 2, 2022 at 9:49 AM Paul Westbrook <pwestbrook@...> wrote:

We completed year 25 in our passive/active solar home. For 2021 we had $0 energy bills (only the base fee). The house is performing better than the rigorous Passive House standards (our use: 6.6 kBtu/sf/yr of need, and we supply 5.6 of that with solar power). I compiled this annual report: https://enerjazz.com/.../Westbrook_House_Utility_Use.pdf. Details are on our web page (https://enerjazz.com/house).

Paul

Larry

Outstanding! Thanks for sharing!

Mark Witte

Paul,

Not only were you an early adopter / trendsetter for distributed energy generation and highly efficient construction, you've done an outstanding job of carefully documenting the impacts of those efforts.

Thank you,

MarkĀ