Re: Fw: Thank You For Your Interest

Philip Timmons

Yes.  That is pretty much what I am talking about -- but it seems the "Electricity Only" thing that Saul Griffith (etc.) are promoting do not even understand how well and how cheap these are?

On Saturday, April 30, 2022, 09:15:56 PM CDT, Jim Duncan <solarguy2004@...> wrote:

Philip, You may recall that 4-tracker install near Glen Rose back in 2006 you worked on with me. The owner put 2 solar DHW panels on the greenhouse adjacent to the inverter room for a radiant heat floor of the green house side. There was plenty of heat but being south-facing the system was hardly run at all. It was a drainback system but the fluid eventually broke down like they tend to do over time when they overheat. Otherwise it  did keep the room warm and steamy.....Jim

Jim Duncan
Solar Acres Farm
817.917.0527
solarguy2004@...
On 4/30/2022 10:29 AM, Philip Timmons via groups.io wrote:
Has the general consensus become that Thermal (Solar) Collectors are not worth the time / effort?

Asking for both Water and Concrete Floor Heat.

Thanks.

On Saturday, April 30, 2022, 09:59:15 AM CDT, Mark Witte <witte.m@...> wrote:

Folks,

To help progress the discussion about heat pump water heaters, I'm forwarding an email from the Advanced Water Heating Initiative.  Their email includes links to great information, including the numerous models that are available, or soon will be, rebates that may be available, etc.

Mark