Doug offered to discuss a variety of renewable energy related topics.  With his background in the legislature, he can provide insight into how we as citizens can help promote solar-favorable laws and protections ... and that's for openers.  Doug is crafting his presentation now.  We'll post more information when we receive it from Doug.  In the meantime, his impressive credentials are below.

Date: Saturday, January 8, 2022
Time: 10:00 am - 12:00 noon
Location: ON LINE. Click HERE to join our January 8 meeting
Direct Address: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89683656601?pwd=K2kvYituMjdNTXhhcXk4UXFjZ1d1QT09

Meeting ID: 896 8365 6601     Passcode: 059982

One tap mobile:
   +13462487799,,89683656601#,,,,*059982# US (Houston)
   +16699006833,,89683656601#,,,,*059982# US (San Jose)

Dial by your location:
   +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
   Meeting ID: 896 8365 6601   Passcode: 059982

Presentation: To Be Announced  (see above)
Presenter: Doug Lewin, President, Stoic Energy, LLC.

About Our Presentation:
To Be Announced (see above)

About Our Presenter:
Doug Lewin founded Stoic Energy in 2018. Previously, Doug led government and regulatory affairs work for CLEAResult, an energy efficiency program implementer for over 250 utilities in 40 states and provinces. Prior to joining CLEAResult, Lewin was the founding Executive Director of the South-central Partnership for Energy Efficiency as a Resource (SPEER).  SPEER was recognized by the US Department of Energy as the regional energy efficiency organization for Texas and Oklahoma, working with a network of similar organizations throughout America to advance energy efficiency.

He worked at the Texas Legislature for five years as a legislative aide, primarily on energy, environment, and climate issues for three different elected officials in the House and Senate. There, he established a successful bipartisan energy policy working group which deepened the knowledge base of a wide group of Capitol staffers and members by bringing in guest speakers from industry and academia.

Doug is a nationally recognized energy expert, phttps://www.ntreg.org/articularly in the electric grid, renewable energy, energy efficiency, demand response, utility regulation, and pollution reduction. He has been featured in newspaper articles and TV/radio segments throughout Texas and nationally, including the Austin American Statesman, the Dallas Morning News, the Fort Worth Star Telegram, Houston Chronicle, Texas Monthly, the Texas Observer, Texas Public Radio, the Texas Tribune, the New York Times, and more. Lewin earned his Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees from the University of Texas at Austin and is a proud husband and father of four children.

NTREG meetings are free and open to the public.

See our website for more details about our January 8 meeting and to become an NTREG member:  https://www.ntreg.org/