Re: Ask Congress and President Biden for a price on carbon!

Eric Johnson

The market is not an abstract concept.  The market is people who are making purchases, for things that they need, or things that they desire.  People are buying airline tickets, new clothes, fresh fruit that is transported by air from 3000 miles away, and all manner of manufactured consumer goods shipped across the Pacific, from Asia.  A carbon tax will change the price that people see on various products, making locally produced items less expensive, when compared to items shipped in from abroad.  It is hard to see how a carbon tax would ever be enacted here in the USA, given the perpetual state of confusion that seems to characterize our Congress these days.

On Thu, Oct 14, 2021 at 12:22 PM Larry via groups.io <rlhowejr=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Robert - FYI - It is conservatives with experience that are promoting carbon fee and dividend with border adjustment - James Baker and George Schultz - see https://clcouncil.org/

Likewise - as a conservative myself, it took me a while to come to understand and agree with this approach, but what sticks with me the most is that we can't knowingly keep dumping our trash for free. Here's my essay on my climate journey. Give it a read and let me know what you think - https://medium.com/@rlhowejr/the-path-to-climate-solutions-for-this-lifelong-republican-voter-and-native-texan-part-1-of-3-771a9dc8a588