Re: Ask Congress and President Biden for a price on carbon!

thewineprince

Our government did bankroll ARPANET, which then be ame the Internet you are using to read this post.

Our government did bankroll the New Deal tgat gave us so much of what we enjoy today.

Business entities are not large enough or durable enough, too profit driven and have the escape hatch of bankruptcy, to do many of the things that must be done on a national scale, and quickly.

Though industries will pick up some of it, business alone is only one small piece of the resources needed to tackle climate and the establishment of renewables as the dominant force in the country and the world.

What we really need is multiple government driven civil services aimed squarely at achieving these goals.

Sent from ProtonMail for iOS

On Thu, Oct 14, 2021 at 11:10 AM, Robert Virkus <Contrarian0@...> wrote:
The point is no matter what rules the government creates, they do not make the investments and take the risks that businesses do. The government did not create the RE industry. You should thank the investors in green energy companies. Lots of them lose money taking risks. It is no big risk for the government to make rules allowing things.

On Thursday, October 14, 2021, Fred Anders <fjanders1@...> wrote:
On Thu, Oct 14, 2021 at 06:32 AM, Robert Virkus wrote:
Every green technology available is available because investors and business people made financial decisions based on markets and profits.
Robert- Are you just trolling this forum, or are you not familiar with the extent to which the Federal ITC/PTC credits, state RPS's, and other government policies defined the market rules that have driven most RE growth?