Re: Biden Administration Plans Wind Farms Along Nearly the Entire U.S. Coastline

Luke

Lease sales will happen in the Gulf of Mexico by end of next year

On Wed, Oct 13, 2021 at 4:33 PM Mark Witte <witte.m@...> wrote:
"...will formally begin the process of identifying federal waters to lease to wind developers by 2025." Seriously? It will take them three years(!) just to begin the process of identifying off-shore sites for wind farm developments? They need to dramatically accelerate the process, if they want to help renewable deployment. Talk about bureaucratic inertia.

On Wednesday, October 13, 2021, 04:24:08 PM CDT, Bill Byrom via groups.io <bill=byrom.net@groups.io> wrote:

I think that those without New York Times subscriptions can read this article, but I can’t tell:
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/13/climate/biden-offshore-wind-farms.html?referringSource=articleShare

Interior Secretary Deb Haaland announced that her agency will formally begin the process of identifying federal waters to lease to wind developers by 2025.

--
Luke Metzger
Executive Director, Environment Texas

200 E. 30th Street
Austin, Texas 78705
(512) 743-8257 cell
I'm hiring a Global Warming Solutions Advocate - learn more and apply here!

Environment Texas works for clean air, clean water, clean energy, wildlife and open spaces, and a livable climate. Our members across the state put grassroots support behind our research and advocacy. Environment Texas is part of Environment America, a national network of 29 state environmental groups. Learn more at www.EnvironmentTexas.org