Re: Is US Ready for EV's ?

Roger

Paul, thanks very much for the link to the data. This is very useful in our work at Climate Reality.

Roger Knudson, Ph. D.
Professor Emeritus, Department of Psychology, Miami University
(859)866-3962
Chapter Chair, Climate Reality Project Dallas Fort Worth Chapter
Pronouns: He/Him/His

On Wed, Oct 13, 2021 at 6:40 AM Paul Westbrook <pwestbrook@...> wrote:
That gasoline stuff certainly is a fire danger. Sorry, couldn't resist. This is the classic case of something new getting disproportionate negative news coverage. We've had decades to become accustomed to gasoline vehicle fires. Gas vehicle fires are still far more likely than EV fires (per 100K of sales). Some of the best recent data I've seen is here: https://www.autoinsuranceez.com/gas-vs-electric-car-fires/

Paul

On Tue, Oct 12, 2021 at 06:19 PM, Robert Virkus wrote:
there is no danger of fire