Re: Is US Ready for EV's ?

Kevin

$10/gallon would be helpful, but I think unnecessary given how much better EVs already are.  As long we keep on installing renewable energy and batteries come down in price, we don't need gas to be that expensive.  It may well become that expensive if they stop pumping it due to reduced demand, though.

On Tue, Oct 12, 2021 at 10:24 AM Eric Johnson <vaxaugustifolium@...> wrote:
It will be difficult to promote electric cars and light trucks with gasoline prices below ten dollars a gallon, in my opinion.  When aviation fuel becomes more expensive, as well, people may decide to take the train. The economy could function well with short range EV's and long range train transportation.  That's how it worked in 1935.

On Tue, Oct 12, 2021 at 9:23 AM richjern via groups.io <richjern=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
If he can get people to buy EVs who wouldn’t have otherwise that I can go with this conflict of interest.