Re: October 9 Meeting Reminder (Date corrected)

For a preview of Susan Alvarez’s CECAP Y2 update this Sat. 10/9/21, 10 am – 12 noon at NTREG’s monthly meeting, but in a way more formal setting & without the ability to ask questions & engage in conversation, hard-core government followers may want to check out her presentation for the Dallas Environment & Sustainability Committee earlier this week on Mon. 10/4/21:

Video:

https://dallastx.swagit.com/play/10042021-1088#index

Susan’s presentation is about 1:45 - 29:50; Q&A about 36:00 – 1:16:00

The Y2 plan will be posted when available at Dallas Climate Action:

Example: Energy Dashboard (pending Q4 updates):

https://lnkd.in/eKjhSv9q

And in case anyone else is wondering:

MGT is the city acronym for the Management Services department; OEQS reports to the City manager’s department.

On Wed, Oct 6, 2021 at 10:23 AM, Dan - NTREG Advisor wrote:
Apologies to all for the re-send.  This update corrects the date in the subject line from Oct 11 to Oct 9.

---

The City of Dallas, Texas consistently takes a leadership role in the implementation of environmental programs.   Where Dallas goes, other Metroplex cities often follow.

Our October 9 meeting is an update on the City of Dallas Comprehensive Environmental and Climate Action Plan ("CECAP"), lessons learned, and an overview of key projects in the work plan for Fiscal Year 21-22.

Date: Saturday, October 9, 2021
Time: 10:00 am - 12:00 noon
Location: ON LINE. Click HERE to Join our October 9 meeting.
Direct Address:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84867625691?pwd=Y1k4WVhzRVA1c0liSTgwSlE4Zlo0UT09
Meeting ID:
848 6762 5691   Passcode: 751752
One tap mobile:
+13462487799,,84867625691#,,,,*751752# US (Houston)

Presentation: "Not Just a Pretty Plan Sitting on the Shelf"

Presenter:
Susan Alvarez, PE, CFM, Assistant Director, City of Dallas Environmental Quality & Sustainability

About our Presenter:
Ms. Alvarez is Assistant Director of the City of Dallas Office of Environmental Quality & Sustainability. She has a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, with a minor in geology from Rice University, and postgraduate work in water resources. She is a Licensed Professional Engineer in Texas and five other western states. She is also a Certified Floodplain Manager and Master Naturalist in Texas.

NTREG meetings are free and open to the public!  Everyone welcome!

For more information about our August 14 meeting and other upcoming activities, visit our website and hover your cursor over "Calendar" at the top of the main page.  A drop-down box will appear.  Click on
"Near-Term Events" or other subjects of interest.

www.ntreg.org